Rolling Deadline Feature
NOTE: If you don't want to use this feature, don't set a custom deadline in your pool and things will work as they always have!
OK Admins, the new Rolling Deadline feature is here! The feature may still have a few kinks to workout, so please provide feedback
and problem reports using our Support Request Form. There were a few
changes to how the rolling deadline will work in Confidence/Weighted pools, so please read these details again carefully!
How to enable Rolling Deadline in your pool:
Enabling the new Rolling Deadline feature is easy. We've simply changed how the Custom Deadline
feature works. In the past, you could set a custom deadline but only to a date/time earlier than the
week's first kick-off. If you tried to set the custom deadline AFTER the first kick-off, like to
Sunday at 1PM in a week where there's a Thursday game, our system would override your setting and
default back to first kick-off on Thursday. All picks had to be in by then.
That was then, this is now! Now, you'll be able to set a custom deadline to
any time up to Sunday at 1PM ET regardless of if there is a game earlier in the week. That custom
deadline will be the master deadline by which ALL picks must be in. Users can make picks for games that are
earlier than your master deadline but before their scheduled kick-offs. Once a game kicks off,
it is locked and can no longer be picked (unless you're the admin).
Here are some additional details:
1. Setting a custom deadline after the kick-off of earlier games means that those earlier games can be picked
up until their scheduled kick-off time.
2. The "Make Picks" page still requires users to make picks for all of the required games that your pool rules are
set to. If your pool picks from all games each week, then picks must still be chosen for ALL GAMES. This is for insurance...
if a player made it to the Make Picks page, they'll enter picks for all games. If they forget to come back and change their
picks, at least they'll have picks for all games entered.
3. After the early games kick off, meaning the games that are ealier than your custom deadline, users can still go
back and change picks for the remaining unplayed games up until your custom deadline passes.
4. If a player forgets to make picks for an early game, like the Thursday game, the can no longer pick it. If your pool
requires picking ALL games each week, then that player will be picking from fewer games than others who got their picks
in before the early game kick-offs.
5. If you play a weighted/confidence pool, and a player misses the early game(s), they can still pick the remaining games and if your
pool picks ALL games, then the HIGHEST weight value(s) will be dropped. So in a 16 game week where there's a Thur. game and a user
forgets to pick before it starts, they'll be picking from the reamining 15 games and their weight values will be from 15 to 1.
6. The "All Picks" page will only reveal user picks for games earlier than your custom deadline as each game kicks off. All user
picks will be revealed only after your custom deadline passes.
1. During the time before your master deadline but after early games have kicked off, if you go to the "Make Picks"
page to enter picks for a player, you'll be able to enter picks as if you are that player with the kicked-off game(s)
excluded from being picked. But you can override this by clicking a link on the page that allows you to pick as
admin with all games available. This allows you flexibiliy to assign picks in any way you'd like.
What do you do if your pool won't be using the rolling deadline feature? Here are some pointers:
1. If you're a participant in your pool and missed the Thursday deadline, email your picks to
your pool admin. The Pool Admin can enter picks for you even after the deadline has passed.
2. If you're a pool admin, you can enter picks for players even if the deadline has passed in your pool. Simply
go to they Make Picks page, choose a player name and plug in their picks that they've sent you. You can also choose to assign
random, home or away team picks for those who've missed the deadline if you'd like.
3. If you're a pool admin, you can choose to exclude the Thursday game from your pool to allow users to
pick up until Sunday. This can be set by going to the Pool Settings page in the Pool Admin menu
and changing item #11. Changing this will delete any user picks already made but users will have
until Sunday to enter picks again. You can reenable Thursday games in subsequent weeks
4. PoolHost.com cannot enter picks for players who miss the deadline, contact your Pool Admin directly.